Why?

Out of the darkness and into the woods I had crept.

I was alone in the eve of the full moon while pine glistened in the moonlight of my solitude.

To whichever unhappy soul could reach me.

I couldn’t bear to tell you I loved you so, for the full moon’s haunts and its shadows had come to wrestle with me in the night.

So scared was I to come back home my dear, that I could barely recognise myself.

I was out here.

Hoping you could read the letters of my soul into wording.

I ache. O’ how I ache for you my lover.

O’ lover of mine how I wish I could awake by your bedside and tell you my remorse.

But to tell you I love you would be a mistake.

for I who aches in pain cries out to the full moon born of malice;

Why?

Comments

Popular Posts